Date(s) - 08/09/2012 - 09/09/2012
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Holiday Inn Garforth
|Led by||Sue Bennett|
|Cost||2 day workshop £230|
|Dress code||Loose, comfortable, smart|
|CPD||14 CPD Hours|
|Amenities||Tea/Coffee, Lunch and workbook are provided|
Chronic headaches can often develop from old whiplash injuries which have been treated unsuccessfully on initial injury. This results in leaving the patient with a build-up of lesions and adhesion, along with restricted movement. The workshop will give you confidence in assessing and treating these chronic conditions. We will also be looking into Cervicogenic headaches that are associated with cervical spine dysfunction, which can lead to facial pain. We will also investigate the relationship between the C.spine and the shoulder girdle.
Dentists have been advised to find a ‘good physiotherapist’ to help their patients with TMJ pain and dysfunction. The practice we will teach during this weekend enables us to move away from invasive protocol.
The purpose of this workshop is to look at how we can help these patients by having a greater understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the TMJ and surrounding soft tissue.
Looking at how MET’s can switch muscles back into function, massage strokes to realign muscles and communication skills to discover underlying stress factors that may be evident in their lives.
Aims of the workshop
- Anatomy review and formulating treatment plans
- A deeper understanding of how headaches can manifest
- Interacting with the patient to give them an understanding of their own pain and how to manage it
- Introduces Hendrickson Method Strokes to realign muscle
- To investigate the role of muscle imbalance
- To investigate chain reactions within movement.
- To have developed greater knowledge in treating patients from their position of comfort
- Extended anatomical knowledge of the cervical spine and TMJ joint
- To understand the role that muscle imbalance plays in chronic headaches
- Hendricksons’ soft tissue mobilisation
- A clearer process for developing treatment plans
Bookings and cheques to:
45 St David’s Rd