Date(s) - 18/04/2015 - 19/04/2015
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Leeds Pilate Place
Category(ies) No Categories
|Led by||Sue Bennett|
|Cost||2 day workshop £315|
|Dress code||Loose, comfortable, smart|
|CPD||18 CPD Hours|
|Amenities||Tea/Coffee and Workbook CPD Hours provided|
This introduction is led by Sue Bennett the UK’s first Certified Hendrickson Method Teacher, and gives a comprehensive overview of the three treatment modalities that are Hendrickson Method: Wave Mobilization®, Muscle Energy Technique, and Joint Mobilization.
Students will learn the theoretical foundations and hands-on applications of this unique system and be able to give a treatment for the hip, spine, and shoulder.
The Introduction course is required for students taking other Level 1 workshops in the comprehensive Certification Programme.
These two days will cover:
- Insights of Lauren Berry, RPT and the concepts of Vladimir Janda
- Science and practice of Muscle Energy Technique (MET)
- Wave Mobilization, a new style of soft tissue mobilization
- Anatomy and physiology of connective tissue
- Soft tissue dysfunction and injury. Recognizing stages of inflammation and repair in soft tissue
- Treatment protocol for acute, sub-acute, and chronic phases of injury
- Joint mobilization
There will be pre-course reading to enable therapists to gain the most out of the two days. There will also be support assistants over these two days with the aim of ensuring that students leave feeling confident in their new found skills.