Date(s) - 03/09/2022 - 04/09/2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Advanced Soft Tissue Techniques
This course explores a range of advanced soft tissue techniques, the science underpinning each and the most effective forms of application including Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) – Post Isometric Relaxation and Reciprocal Inhibition, Positional release, Myofascial release, Active Isolated Stretching, and Oscillatory Stretching. We will discuss popular methods, explore the benefits and perfect the application to achieve maximum benefit for your clients. Underlying physiological, neurological and psychological dimensions for each technique will be examined.
These Level 5 techniques will be used to enhance your existing palpatory and observational assessment skills to help assess clients and devise appropriate treatment plans to meet your client needs. You will also be required to evaluate the effectiveness of complex massage techniques and adapt your treatment plans accordingly.
This course forms a compulsory Module towards our Level 5 Sports Massage Award, or may be taken as CPD.
To attend this course, you must hold a recognised Level 4 sports massage award (or equivalent), be physically able to do the work and have good communication skills.
Our Level 4 Diploma students will be well prepared for this course having already gained an understanding and application of a range of soft tissue assessments and treatments.
The fee is £296 including V.A.T. at the current rate, and you may claim 16 credits for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) upon completion.
- Please note that your enrolment fee is credited to the course dates booked and is non-refundable after 14 days.
- All prices quoted include V.A.T. at the current rate.
- For full Terms & Conditions, please click here – T&Cs
If you are attending the course as CPD (16 credits), you will be required to pay the full course fee when applying. There are 5 modules combining to form our Level 5 Sports Massage Award – to enrol on the full course, please go to L5 Sports Massage Award.
Loyalty & Other Discounts
If you are already a student of our full Level 4 Diploma course you will be entitled to a discount of 25% as part of our Customer Loyalty Scheme.
Please contact us for discount terms for booking more than one person. Note: you may use only one available discount for each course.
Key Points – By enrolling on this course you will receive:
- 2 days Practical Training, including use of all Equipment
- Online resources, pre-course reading, and video demonstrations
- Plus supporting Course Notes
- Meets VTCT course criteria and content
- Practical application of all advanced techniques
- Loyalty Discount available to our L4 graduates
- Eligibility towards L5 VTCT Sports Massage and our Higher Diploma in Sports Therapy