Date(s) - 02/03/2013 - 03/03/2013
Holiday Inn, Leamington Spa
|Led by||Sue Bennett|
|Cost||2 day workshop £230|
|Dress code||Loose, comfortable, smart|
|CPD||14 CPD Hours|
|Amenities||Tea/Coffee and Workbook CPD Hours provided|
This two day workshop will investigate factors that make people susceptible to lower back pain, which often leads to long standing chronic back pain due to the patterns of muscle dysfunction that develop.
Many people we treat often present with an acute episode born out of chronic issues. We will explore the theories of Vladimir Janda to help understand the patterns of ‘tight short verses weak long’ in order to create treatment protocol that best serves each individual.
The workshop will bring together muscle energy technique and Thomas Hendrickson’s unique soft tissue mobilisation to aid resolution to the soft tissue dysfunction.
- Review functional anatomy
- Gain experience in cutting edge soft tissue mobilisation techniques innovated by Dr Tom Hendrickson, whilst putting into practice how to interweave muscle energy techniques.
- Investigate Janda’s theories blending them into our assessment protocol
- Explore how muscle energy techniques can be a useful assessment tool
- Review their own body alignment when in treatment mode
This is a two day workshop, to ensure that there is space to refine skills learnt and opportunity to ask questions, enabling the therapist to leave feeling confident with knowledge gained over the weekend.