Date(s) - 20/10/2012 - 21/10/2012
Holiday Inn, Leamington Spa
|Led by||Sue Bennett|
|Cost||2 day workshop £230|
|Dress code||Loose, comfortable, smart|
|CPD||14 CPD Hours|
|Amenities||Tea/Coffee and Workbook CPD Hours provided|
This two day workshop will investigate factors that predispose to hip pain, also discovering the differentiation of hip pain. Hip dysfunction, injury and degeneration can be common complaints in all age groups. Hip pain is often the main cause of gait impairment in children and the elderly. As we know the hip joint is much more vulnerable to degeneration than traumatic injury.
Looking at how to put together treatment protocol for such conditions as:
Gluteus Medius Tendinitis
Adductor Tendinitis (groin strain)
Quadriceps and Hamstring Tendinitis
Trochanter and Iliopectineal Bursitis
Hip Capsulitis and degeneration of the hip.
Entrapment of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, obturator nerve and femoral nerve.
We will be looking into cutting edge soft tissue mobilisation techniques innovated by Dr Tom Hendrickson, putting into practice how to interweave Muscle Energy Techniques.
Aims of the workshop
- Anatomy review
- A deeper knowledge of how and when to apply muscle energy, with understanding of how it effects the muscles and ligament.
- To gain confidence in understanding the role synergist play in hip dysfunction
- To gain a greater understanding of patterns of muscular dysfunction that can lead to hip pain
- Clearer treatment protocol
- Assessing dysfunction with greater confidence
- Raised anatomical knowledge
- Increased knowledge in how creative one can be in applying METs
- New soft tissue mobilisation skills
- A deeper understanding of conditions of the hip that can lead to dysfunction and pain
Bookings and cheques to:
45 St David’s Rd